Our 6 tips for making this your best Mallorca trip yet
Arranging your own trip to Mallorca? Make the trip the best it can be with a little preparation
- 1. Choose your accommodation wisely.
- If it is a hotel you are looking for, make sure they have the bike facilities, the food, the comfortable beds and the services that could make all the difference. For a great selection of cycling friendly hotels check out Mallorca Cycling Hotels.
- 2. If you are renting a bike, rent a great bike to make the most of our wonderful roads and routes.
- There is a very good selection available to suit all budgets and sizes, here are the best outlets with the best bikes.Choose between Colnago, Kuota, Moser, BH, Trek, Centurion, Cube, Van Nicholas, Massi, Cervelo, Giant, Ridley, Wilier etc.
- 3. Research your routes before arriving.
- Do the best routes that your fitness and time here allows. Look here for a start. If you have the fitness, make sure you book a transfer to the start of the best route in Mallorca which runs from Andratx back to Port Pollenca. You miss this, you miss out. If you are only here for 3 days this post should also be useful.
- 4. Organise the details as soon as possible.
- You will get better prices and more choice by booking your flights; bike rental; accommodation; airport transfers; bike shuttle; bike rescue and massage as early as possible. The best sells out soonest.
- 5. Take out bike rescue and breakdown cover.
- No need to waste a day with a breakdown or be the one wasting the group's time whilst they wait for you to get sorted. Book the cover and get taken to the nearest bike shop or back to your accommodation, you decide. Breakdowns do happen and Mallorca is not the kind of place you can just call out a taxi to the roadside. A no-brainer at less than €3 a day.
- 6. Do the most popular routes and climbs as early in the morning as possible.
- They are twice as enjoyable. Arriving as Sa Calobra or Cap Formentor in the middle of the buses and the rental cars is a choice, not a necessity.