Your best 3 days in Mallorca
Here is how to make the most of your limited time. No waiting around and no filler miles. The routes chosen ensure you get to squeeze in the maximum.
All routes include brilliant scenery, great surfaces and no fluff. Expect a fair amount of climbing followed by exhilarating descents. Tired legs and amazing memories are loaded with you gratis onto the return flight.
Day 1 - Arrival day.
We tend to do this popular leg loosener as it is the perfect choice. Brilliant route. Depending on how early the flight gets in and how ready the legs are, the choice is to either ride just to 1. Cap Formentor and back, or to include 2. Talaia d'Albercutx for a little more climbing and great scenery or to do 3. the complete Bay of Pollenca route.
- 1. Port Pollenca - Cap Formentor lighthouse - 35km with 1000m of climbing.
- 2. Cap Formentor including Talaia d'Albercutx - 40km with 1200m climbing, which includes the additional hill above Formentor beach.
- 3. Bay Of Pollenca - 77km with 1700m of climbing, adding on the beach road through Alcudia, on through Bonaire and up to the military base then La Victoria.
Day 2 - Mallorca's Queen Stage.
Is this the best cycle route in the world? Well it is certainly the best in Mallorca. If I was given only one more ride ever, this would be it. Take one of the scheduled bike buses to Andratx from Port Pollenca or Alcudia and then ride back on a return route of between 115km and 135km across the spine of the world heritage Serra de Tramuntana. Your cycling soul will thank you forever for this. None of the routes are easy, but all are worthwhile. Very worthwhile.
- 1. Andratx to Port Pollenca vanilla route - the most direct route back to the North. 115km with 2,400m of climbing.
- 2. Andratx to Port Pollenca including Port Valldemossa. - 125km with 3300m of climbing with the addition of the amazing Port Valldemossa.
- 3. Andratx to Port Pollenca including Port des Canonge and Port Valldemossa - vanilla route + the two fantastic extra climbs is 135km with 3,900m of climbing.
Time for the world famous Sa Calobra. May take a while for the legs to get loose after day 2's exertions but this route starts on the flat to get things moving.
- Port Pollenca - Col de Femenia - Col dels Reis - Sa Calobra - Col Sa Batalla - Selva - lanes - Port Pollenca. 103km with 2200m of climbing.
- Best Bike Rental. To save you bringing your own bike, there are many excellent local choices now available. Here is the definitive user recommended best Mallorca bike hire choices selection to ensure you make an informed choice.
- Bike Rescue Service. When bike or body break down Mallorca Bicycle Rescue take you back to your accommodation or to the nearest bike shop, your choice. In Mallorca the complicated taxi zoning makes it difficult to just call a taxi. €10 for 3 days.
- Mallorca's best private airport transfers, no waiting no fuss, door to door. They are there awaiting even if you are delayed.
- If you wish to ride Sa Calobra with fresh legs, take the Sa Calobra Express from Port Pollenca to the aqueduct then ride back to where you are staying. Bus Out. Bike Back.